Orion Training Group – Live Fire CQB Marksmanship 2 Day + Intro To Flexible Search AND BFR Lodging
October 7 @ 9:00 am - October 8 @ 4:00 pm$159.00
Date & Time
Sat, Oct 7 at 8:00 AM – Sun, Oct 8 at 5:00 PM CST
Ben Franklin Range
Templeton, PA 16259
Time Commitment: Two 8-10 hour days
Day 1: Live Fire CQB Marksmanship
Students will learn all applicable weapons handling for a CQB environment, as well as accuracy while moving as it applies to CQB. This will be in a flat range environment and is NOT a “live fire CQB” course. At the end of this course, students will be able to accurately and rapidly engage targets with multiple rounds at CQB distances with rifle and pistol.
Day 2: Intro To Flexible Search
Learning the basic principles that drive all sound methodology, and then working on individual methods of movement and working angles, etc. Course is principles based and not on any one specific doctrine of clearance. Students will learn about multiple solutions to problems, including Limited Penetration, Strong Wall, POD, IBT, and others. Students will start at the most basic repetition and work up to clearance of adjoined rooms, with the ability to choose methods based on their environment and “mission”. Force on paper only, no live fire. At the end of this course, students will be able to effectively clear two conjoined rooms, while dealing with dead space, open and closed doors, and shoot/no-shoot targets.
*** WE HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU BUNK ON SITE AND PACK A LUNCH. BFR has fantastic on site lodging for 12. Contact BFR for reservations***
- clear eye protection (Z87+) (if you want to bring shaded eye pro too for Day 1, that’s fine. You will need clear for the second day indoors)
- long sleeves/pants
- appropriate footwear
- Reliable AR platform rifle w/ weapon light
- Reliable semi automatic pistol w/ weapon light
- 500 rounds of rifle ammunition, 200 rounds of pistol ammunition
- OPTIONAL – simulation rifle/pistol (blue bolts, airsoft acceptable) with 100 rounds, or chamber safe indicated duty rifle/pistol, MANTIS dry fire systems also acceptable. BFR has UTM bolts and ammo available for rent on site.
- armor/belt/helmet system is encouraged
- cleaning kit for weapon systems is encouraged
- personal hydration and snacks
Disclaimer: the minimum required class size is 6 students. If 6 students are not registered within two weeks, the class will be cancelled and the registered students will be refunded their tuition. If the minimum class size is reached, no refunds can be issued. We pay our instructors in advance so your funds will no longer be available. By paying registration, you agree to these terms (they are stated on registration as well). However, you will be given credit to enroll in other courses.
No onsite camping options at all available for this event – If students wish to camp they meed to find alternate site arrangements